LightBlog

lundi 26 septembre 2016

C6903 Xperia Z1, baseband 8974-AAAAANAZQ-10270045-39, random crashes, please help

Hi there,

I have a C6903 with 16GB of storage. Baseband 8974-AAAAANAZQ-10270045-39. It ran fine under CM12.1 from last year. I recently updated to a CM12.1 nightly from August of this year. After that I started having problems with random crashes.

The phone would either freeze during operating, not responding to any input. I had to hard reset by holding the power button for a long time. This shuts the phone down. Then I start it and it boots up. Or the crash happens, when I am not using the phone, resulting in a black screen and an unresponsive phone. The fix is the same, shutting the phone down with a long press on the power button and then starting it up.

I switched from CM12.1 to AOSP Jaguar LP 5.1.1 from August (I haven't updated to September yet). I was crash free for three weeks, but now I am back with the same crashes. I found four crash logs in /data/anr, but I can't make much sense of them. I have them attached to the post.

The change in behavior when I install a new rom makes me think this could be software related, but getting the same crashes with two very different roms makes it look like a hardware issue.

What do you guys think? I don't want to go back to stock for testing, because I value privacy a lot and XPrivacy is so much work to set up right, IMHO. I like the privacy managers included with Jaguar or CM12.1 a lot. They are so much easier to use. But if I have to, I will go back to stock. Any other ideas? Can anyone interpret the crash logs? Is there anything useful there? Should I test something else?

Please help. Thank you for reading this post. :)



from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dblPcW
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire