LightBlog

mardi 3 mars 2020

Breaking: Google I/O 2020 has been canceled, will be held remotely

Google I/O 2020 has officially been canceled. This is the latest tech event to be canceled due to concerns around the coronavirus (COVID-19). The decision was made in accordance with “health guidance from the CDC, WHO, and other health authorities.” The physical event will not happen, but Google will still hold a remote event.

In an email to ticket holders, Google explained that all guests who purchased a ticket to Google I/O will receive a full refund by March 13th. Guests who have registered for I/O 2020 will be automatically granted the option of purchasing a ticket for I/O 2021, no drawing.

Google says they will “explore other ways to evolve Google I/O to best connect with our developer community” in the coming weeks. The official website will be updated with information as we approach the event. This is a disappointing development for anyone who was looking forward to attending the event, but it’s the smart decision.

The post Breaking: Google I/O 2020 has been canceled, will be held remotely appeared first on xda-developers.



from xda-developers https://ift.tt/2PZqyCz
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire